FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
What is included?
- Pickup at an agreed location.
- Transportation in comfortable vehicle.
- 2 scuba diving immersions or an alternative activity.
- Gastronomic experience.
- Cultural activity.
- During the trip: juices, snacks, coffee, tea, water, and chocolate.
- Diving gear rental.
- Nitrox if required.
- Diving fees in natural parks.
- Welcome pack.
Can I choose the immersions that I want to do?
The immersions are determined taking into account marine and meteorological conditions, and the level of the participating divers. According to safety and enjoyment criteria, diving centers are responsible for selecting the immersion spots each day.
Therefore, users cannot choose the immersions.
Are there any extra expenses?
We believe that everything you might need during the day is included in the pack. You are able to purchase souvenirs, handicrafts, local products, etc. at the destinations at your own expense. Likewise, gastronomic experiences include drinks, but if much more than the stipulated amount is consumed, the user will pay the corresponding cost. The specific amount included in each menu will be notified to the user at the beginning of the gastronomic experience.
There is a surcharge for booking solo tours (only one participant) due to logistics and transportation expenses. This surcharge will be reimbursed to the customer if one of the following conditions is met:
- The customer makes a booking for a solo tour on a date when other bookings already exist.
- The customer makes a booking for a solo tour and, later, other bookings for the same date are made.
If your diving insurance has expired and you want to renew it at any of the diving centers we work with, the cost will be borne by the user except for one-day insurances.
Will I get seasickness?
In order to avoid seasickness, we always take into account weather and sea conditions to guarantee the comfort and safety of the passengers. If you are prone to seasickness, we advise you to take the pertinent measures before the start of the trip and let us know so we can assist you properly.
What should I bring?
- Suitable footwear for the different activities (flip-flop/sandals for marine activities, comfortable shoes for the strolls).
- Dress according to the weather.
- Swimming suit and a towel for the aquatic activities.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat to protect your head.
- Required documentation for scuba diving (diving certification card, current diving insurance, medical certification issued in the past 2 years).
- If you want, you can bring your camera, GoPro or any other extra items for your enjoyment.
Pickup time is determined by the distance to destination and the immersion schedule. It is essential to be punctual as the immersion schedule in each diving center is programmed beforehand and can’t be modified.
The users will not be reimbursed for any portion of their trip missed due to delays caused by their own actions. If such delays occur, Blue Compass will attempt to continue with the ecotour as initially planned.
- Cadaqués: approximate pickup time 06:45; total approximate length 12 hours.
- L’Estartit: approximate pickup time 06:45; total approximate length 11 hours.
- Tossa de Mar: approximate pickup time 08:00; total approximate length 8 hours.
Pickup and drop off location, within Barcelona, will be agreed with the user beforehand.
How do I book and pay?
To make your reservation follow the steps in the Book now section.
Once you have completed the process, you will have to make the full payment for the tour by credit card.
If you rather make the payment via bank transfer, we will send you the required details by e-mail. The vacancies will be kept for a maximum period of 24 hours from the time at which we send you the e-mail and will be confirmed once we get the payment receipt.
The used virtual POS (SIS) is a device prepared for working in a totally safe mode within the Internet sales system. Therefore, all the transactions made through this POS will have all the safety, confidentiality and integrity guarantees for the participating agents: on one hand, the cardholders and their issuing financial institutions; on the other hand, the merchants and their purchaser financial institutions.
What are the terms of modification, cancellation and reimbursement?
Modifications to bookings will be accepted up to 7 days before the planned date.
Cancellations by the customer must be received with as much advance notice as possible and the following conditions will be applied:
- Cancellations with at least 10 days advance notice: 100% of the booking amount will be refunded, minus administration and cancellations fees, if they exist.
- Cancellations with less than 10 days and up to 2 days advance notice: 50% of the booking amount will be refunded, minus administration and cancellation fees, if they exist.
- Cancellations with 48 hours or less advance notice: not entitled to any reibursement of the booking amount.
- No-shows or the absence of notification implies no reimbursement to the customer.
Cancellations by Blue Compass will entitle the customer to the full reimbursement of the amount paid (minus banking administration fees, if they exist), or the possibility of agreeing upon an alternative date to perform the contracted activity.
Due to certain unpredictable and unforeseeable circumstances, caused by forces external to Blue Compass (e.g. meteorological or sea conditions), aquatic activities may be cancelled at any time by the professionals leading each activity. These decisions, always made with the safety and security of the user in mind, will result in the reimbursement of the amount corresponding to the activity being cancelled, while still paying the remaining amount. Whenever possible, Blue Compass will arrange a substitute activity at no additional cost to the user.
Children and babies
Babies and small children aged 3 or younger will travel for free and, if needed, a proper chair for vehicles will be provided.
Children between the ages of 4 and 10 will travel for half the adult price.
In both cases, responsibility for taking care of the children will be the exclusive responsibility of their parents. Under no circumstances will Blue Compass take responsibility for providing childcare.
Participation of children in the activities will be decided by their parents or legal guardians. Blue Compass will not be held responsible under any circumstances for any harm which may arise from a child’s involvement in the activities.